Saturday 22 October 2011

The Meaning of Liff

The Meaning of Liff...a book by Douglas Adams which took place names from all over the UK, and indeed the world, and gave them funny definitions. There were a couple of really funny ones that always made me chortle and that was Mavis Enderby and Old Bollingbroke. There was another book I read once about odd things people had spotted over the years and I passed a sign that reminded me of one of the entries.


To Old Bollingbroke and Mavis Enderby - the gift of a son!

1 comment:

  1. i've only just found this blog. I've wailed at the ManInAKilt.....you passed this sign....you were so very, very close to where we live. I can't believe we missed an opportunity to meet you. In fact if you did the length of the A16 between this sign and Boston you will have been literally 3 minutes from our front door....

    And that sign makes us giggle. Bolingbroke is spelt wrong....

    ReplyDelete