Friday 14 October 2011

Getting there

20 litres of oil loaded in the boot. New stop and tail light fitted so Astrid is fully compliant with the Lighting Regs again. I gave her a bit of a clean, not that it shows, and I've sorted out the boot. Just need to finish packing the personal stuff, finish programming the new Fat-Nav and make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

I bit the bullet and bought a Garmin nuvi 1200 Sat Nav box today. Google Maps works well enough on the phone but will cost me a bit for data and if I'm in a mobile 'not-spot'...I could be in trouble! At least I will have some female company for the Tour, even if all she ever says is "At the next roundabout, take the second exit..."

Some places should be easy enough to find and some folk have given me very explicit directions. Other places I've been to before so shouldn't have any problem (although I will be approaching HM from an entirely different direction to usual) and some places (Eco and Pod) I'd be completely up the creek without a paddle without the Fat Nav!

So....I can pretty much figure out where I'll be at any given time now. Will make updating the map on the "Where's RT?" page a tad easier if nothing else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment