Sunday 23 October 2011

The Final Furlong

Muswell Hill is very close to a part of North London I used to spend a bit of time in as a child. Troll and I were chatting, as you do, about his G-G-G-G-G-G Granny and he asked me about my ancestors. As it happens, my maternal grandparents lived in Edgeware up until 1977 when they moved down to Hampshire. I had fond memories of MY Granny's house which I haven't been back to for some 35 years, so I stopped by for a quick look.


Granny's house is the one with the brown door. I remembered it as a lot bigger than that, but then I was only 8 or so at the time.

After the quick nostalgia-trip, it was a short hop out on the A1 to the M25 and then a final hour of driving to take me back home to The Toolshed and Mrs RT.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is RT's Grand Tour of The Forum concluded.

To everyone who has participated, a huge 'thank you' for helping to make the Tour one of the most fantastic weeks of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment