Friday 14 October 2011

Close.....very close!!

Stopped by another Sainsbury's today as I'd emptied out Godalming's supply of Pride Oil. None to be had in Farnham either, so I resorted to the three litre bottles of Sainsbury's own.

20 litres of Pride, 24 litres of S/B's....44 litres is almost a tank-full! Roughly 10 gallons, with the ullage in the tank already. That should be good for the first 450 miles or so....or about as far as Abs on the Saturday night and maybe a chunk of the M4 out towards the bridge again. Ohh....best get some ackers to hand for the toll over the Severn.

Astrid is looking a bit cleaner after a hose-down today. Not fantastic, but much improved. TF is helping me tidy up the inside, but I'm convinced he's going to want to join me on Tour. He keeps mentioning 'batman' and 'sidekick' and "you'll get lonely on the long drives, Mr RT, sir...". We'll see. But, he has helped me load the fuel on board.



Tucked a couple of choice ales in the back too, by the look of it....and to be fair to the little green fella, he did get his best crayons out and help me draw the banners.

No comments:

Post a Comment