Thursday 2 July 2015

Real-World Logging

I couldn't have chosen a worse day! There was a lightning strike very close to the house up at The Manor yesterday, and it appears my router has gone on the fritz. As I'd emailed myself the software for the logger to download and install on the laptop, this was not an auspicious start to my day. By the time I'd switched over to the fallback internet connection and checked the van for electrical damage, the clouds had come over and the heavens opened. It was pushing 11am by this time and the panel had seen a little sun, but no action until gone 4pm. Rain for most of the day.

I have real data! It's just not very impressive-looking.


Tank temperature barely exceeded 40C, thanks to a bit of early morning sun and then hovered around the 29-31C mark for most of the day, picking up a little diffuse energy around 4.30pm when the sun had come out again...on the wrong end of the box!

What matters is the data though, not how fantastic it looks. The graph is what counts...the fact that the data is logged automatically and can generate the output required.

No comments:

Post a Comment