Sunday 5 July 2015

Rain Stopped Play

The heavens really opened today. I got to the office just after 10 and although the morning had been rather bright up to that point, as I drove down to the Goat Field the clouds let rip with the most torrential rain I can recall for a long time.

Good news - the water tank started filling nicely.

Bad news - I found some leaks and rain was coming in heavily.

Good news - I think I managed to sort the leaks.

Bad news - data wasn't great today.

There was obviously some sun first thing as the tank temperature was up and the pump had obviously been running. With the VM110N modified to accept digital inputs as a 12v signal rather than a switch to ground, I can now monitor the pump control relay. Before I could do any logging, I made a few minor upgrades to the electrics.


The system simply did nothing at all between me getting the logger running just after noon and the rain drying up and the sun trying it's hardest at about 2.30 or so. Well past noon, so only at an angle to the panel, but managed to pump about 10C extra into the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment