Saturday 2 January 2016

2016 Up and Running

I'm not hanging about this year. Two days in and the first project of the year is underway. Back in October, we built the 'Chrismas Grotto' in the store. Head office sent us a kit of parts to build a Christmas 'layflat'. Part of the kit was a set of timber frameworks which I had to assemble, fill with fake snow and then set out all the Christmas trees, LED deer and other electronic goodies.

Anyway, I had my eye on the wood. Just some rough-hewn whitewood, but I figured it might come in handy for firewood if I got the chance to cadge it from work after Christmas.


You can just make out the wooden frameworks in the picture above. With a word in the right ear, post-festivities, all the wood made its way home in the back of Pudgy.

Looking at it, it was actually reasonably decent wood. The planks were about 20mm thick, 160mm wide and in lengths between 1.2m and 2m. Rather than chop it up for firewood, I spent a couple of hours in the garage this evening with the circular saw and cordless drill. I had a quarter of a box of decking screws my Dad gave me back in the summer, so my total expenditure on materials was...nothing.

Hey presto...a much-needed bookcase for the bedroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment