Wednesday 24 August 2011

So who is this RT fella, anyway?

RT - Wannabe Sub-Urban Homesteader, throwback to the 1980's and a big fan of LEGO

Twice married, twice divorced. They say third time lucky, and that's me alright. For the last five and a bit years I've been together with Mrs RT. Well, technically not Mrs (in the legal sense of the word ) RT...but my partner, work colleague, soul-mate and all-round best friend.

The difference between this relationship and my two previous ones is startlingly simple. I'm married to my job, and any 'significant other' has to work within that parameter. Fortunately Mrs RT is also 'married to the job' and as we both work for the same company and have been since God was a lad, that kind of makes it work for us. We're married to the same job, which to all intents and purposes means that we are sort of married to each other indirectly...well, you get the idea!

RT - The Good Bits

I'm friendly, sociable, gregarious (hang on, aren't they all the same thing?!) and generous to a fault. Will do pretty much anything for anyone if it's doable, even if I end up putting myself out. I like to think I'm a decent human being, reasonably 'green', kind to animals (I also keep chickens), tolerant and fairly impartial. Reasonably learned and pretty relaxed. Mostly house-trained.

RT - The Bad Bits

I smoke....shame on me. Desperately trying to cut down and eventually cut out, perhaps just resorting to the occasional puff on me pipe down in the Shed. I work too hard, don't shave as often as Mrs RT would like me to, I'm an untidy bugger at times and have a tendency to start something (like the kitchen!) and not finish it for ages because something else more interesting crops up...like a project in the Shed or the garden. Mostly housetrained, but 'room for improvement' Mrs RT would say. Could try harder!

RT - The Ugly Bits

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I never profess to be beautiful or handsome. A face like a badly-dropped bag o'spanners, I was once described as. A good face for radio, as they say. Anyway...not my place to judge. You take me as you find me if that's ok with you, and I'll do the same with you

Picture of me sat at the computer in the office. Taken 24/8/11 so as up-to-date as it comes.

RT - The Stats

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 11stone, ish.
Eyes: Blue (when not bloodshot)
Hair: All my own (mostly brown but a bit of grey sprouting here and there)
Build: Slim to average
Job: Electronics engineer and IT Manager for a Training and Simulation company in Surrey
Home: The Toolshed, RT Mansions, Surrey Hills, UK
Children: One of each, at secondary school. Mrs RT's two lads live with us
Chickens: 3. Henrietta, Rosemary and Omelette (RIP Brenda, 25/8/11)
Sheds: 2. Shed 1 - RT's Toolshed. Shed 2 - HQ of RTGen - The Power of Tomorrow
Trolls: 1 (Troll-fella, a.k.a. Ignatious Cummins)


Yes, GLF Bar-peeps. The little green beer-brewing, Absinthe and Lapphy pipe-tending, order-taking, stoup-refilling, pointy-eared chap is part of Team RT. I'd be lost without him. He's the better-looking member of the Bar staff, wouldn't you say?!


1 comment:

  1. Hiya RT will enjoy following your exploits on the blog!

    ReplyDelete