Sunday 4 October 2015

Sometimes, Things Just...Fit

About time I caught up a bit. Work has been getting in the way but I managed to get over to the van today and get a bit more done. One of my new jobs is as a part-time sales assistant at B&Q. Whereas this will eventually confer the advantage of staff discount after a qualifying period, the biggest bonus for me right now is that I'm at B&Q regularly, so I can scoop up materials without having to make a special trip. Yesterday, I was putting tiles out on the shop floor from the warehouse and I noticed we had a new line of basic 'economy' white ceramic tiles. Square 150x150mm, pack of 44 for under a fiver. I was after 150 x150, or 147x147 to allow for a bead of grout, and they did a box of their own brand (Diall) for about £14 which I did have my eye on but was erm-ing and aah-ing over, so these looked like a veritable bargain. I'm not looking for Homes and Gardens quality...just a simple splashback for the kitchenette, so I grabbed a box plus a tub of tile cement/grout.

As the title of the post suggests, it couldn't have worked out better if I tried. 1.5m wide kitchenette so 10 tiles wide. Two rows makes 20. The worktop depth is 600mm, so four tiles long. Two rows makes 8 tiles. 

Leaving me 16 left over. Well, would you believe it...a 1.2m wide partition is another two rows of 8, or 16 tiles. Grand total...the 44 tiles in the pack. No cutting, no messing.









Good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment