Saturday 8 August 2015

Getting Moving

Well, things are looking up. Great week down at the hospital and they were obviously pleased with me as they have offered me another two weeks work. This morning, my plans were rearranged a little as BT finally sent an engineer capable of addressing my unreliable broadband and crackly phone lines.

So, now I have faster, more stable broadband with much improved ping times and a phone line I can actually hear calls on above the 50Hz electric hum. Ok, so I no longer have three working extensions, but that's a job for slow time. The BT Master socket with built-in filters and separate DSL and phone is in the front room right next to the computer and is also fibre-ready for when Infinity lands in the village.

While the BT engineer was here, there was another knock at the door. My landlord is also a builder and he popped round to see if I was available for a bit of labouring work next week. Deep joy - my next three weeks gainfully employed. Unfortunately, that restricts my van time a little. Ah well...it'll pay the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment