Thursday 25 June 2015

And Ever Closer


Along with the volts (in red) we can now see the amps (in blue). A cloudy and overcast start to the afternoon today, so the single panel was only charging at around 150mA but the voltage is where it should be. 


The inverter has been dug out of the storage box and is screwed into position in the facilities. DC side all wired up to the battery via the Low Voltage Disconnect relay. The relay hold-on supply was taken directly from the inverter output for testing. I still have the AC side of things (including the kWh meter) to wire up, but there is 300W of pure sine mains to be had for the asking.


With the inverter operating, the battery voltage has dipped just a shade and you can see a net draw from the battery of 0.68A. The power load is thus about 8.2 watts (A x V), of which 3W or so is for the hold-on relay and the rest is the standby consumption of the inverter itself. 


The kitchen worktop extended along the side wall. Space here for my Camping Gaz cooker.

I got lucky today. I ran an ethernet CAT5 cable down from the Manor in the hope of getting some internet connectivity. Maximum length for a point to point link is about 100m. The cable measured in at 96m more by luck than anything else. I also installed the table I made from the offcut of my workbench.



With the ethernet in place and the table looking good, I cranked up the laptop to check on emails. 

Today I also spent a bit of time scraping some of the cack off the walls so they are starting to look a little better now. The office is almost useable now! The 12v light in the office has had the cable trunked and with clean(er) walls, it looks almost acceptable now.

No comments:

Post a Comment